Sunday, September 21, 2008

Two Chicks Cafe

Two Chicks Café is located on Summerhill road in Texarkana, Texas and at the old location for Old Time Burger. This small café recently opened without much fanfare so I decided to try it out. On the Friday before Hurricane Ike hit Texarkana as Tropical Storm Ike, I visited the drive through of the café. The first thing I noticed was there was no outside menu at the time. I figured I should have called ahead with my order, but when I reached the window, the people were friendly and notified me that they had a menu. The menu presented decent prices on things from chicken (not surprising) to hamburgers and other various items. They offer a daily special and the special that Friday was fish.

I took the special and returned to my office. The fish was better than I had expected. The portions were large and the sides modest. I found both the taste and portions far better than some restaurants offer in the Texarkana area. I would recommend Two Chicks Café for families or lunch during the week.

A note of interest I found positive for this new café. They were given an “A” by the Texarkana-Bowie County Family Health Center by the Food Inspections department. Found at http://www.txkusa.org/health/foodinspections.htm you can see a wide list of restaurants from the Texas side with grade listing. More importantly, you can see restaurants that have been graded to possibly cause sickness to you or your family. It’s a great list that I like to consult and it is updated by the department as needed.

No comments: